DeepSID is a SID player on desktop and mobile browsers. It is intended to instantly access everything without having to download anything first. It also has plenty of information and statistics on songs, software and people. It was created by Jens-Christian Huus, himself a famous Commodore 64 composer and sound programmer from 1988 to 1991, and adapted for other platforms to PlayMOD.
It has many features including:
- Browse current High Voltage SID Collection (the source of all C64 rips).
- Browse fanmade remixes of a soundtrack.
- Browse C64 games (GB64) and demos (CSDb) which use the soundtrack, as well as their own release dates.
- Choose between clocks (i.e. tempos and pitches: PAL and NTSC).
- Choose between SID models (6581 and 8580).
- Choose between emulators (either for accuracy or slow computers).
- View STIL (comments from arranger, about covers etc.).
- View arranger photo, birth year, employments, and used drivers/editors.
- View info and screenshots on one editor used on one soundtrack.
- View all 3 normal voices on a Piano or a Graph (including waveform and filter settings).
- View all 4 voices as waveforms (Scope).
- Light and dark mode.
- Permanent links to specific tracks, visuals and searches.
- Create private and public playlists (requires registration).
- Add various tags to songs (requires registration).
- Add various links to arrangers (requires registration).
- Save preferences through cookies and/or registration.
- deepsid.com - Official.