VGMPF Album Art
VGMPF Album Art is special album art unique to this site. Since most people listen to video game music on devices that are capable of displaying album art, special images are made for each game to accommodate these devices. It should be displayed at the top of the Music section on the game page.
Please abide by the following rules:
- Do NOT use artwork from an existing published soundtrack!
- Album art should be based on the game's box art, preferably the USA box art.
- If the USA art is particularity bad, you may use other regions. For example, Mega Man (NES).
- If no suitable box art is available, or the game was not released in a box, promotional materials like posters or official advertisements may be used. For example, Gauntlet (ARC).
- For games that don't feature boxes or promotional materials, you may use a screenshot, preferably from the game's title screen. For example, SkyRoads (DOS).
- Images must be in JPEG format, but use as little compression as possible.
- Image dimensions must be a 1:1 ratio (a square) and must be between 500x500-1000x1000 pixels in size.
- Use high-quality scans where available and clean up any creases, scratches, etc.
- Try to keep the art clean of unnecessary logos, stickers, or writing found on the box.
- You may spice up the graphic a bit with better borders or backdrops, but don't go overboard.