Game Emu Player
From Video Game Music Preservation Foundation Wiki
|Game Emu Player|
Game Emu Player is a component for foobar2000 that supports a wide variety of video game music formats. Using the GEP Control in the View menu, you can mute individual channels and adjust the overall tempo and pitch of any song.
The following formats are supported:
AY, GBS, GYM, HES, KSS, NSF, NSFE, RSN, SAP, SFM, SGC, SPC, VGM, VGM7Z, and VGZ.
foobar2000 also has support for any of these formats compressed in a ZIP, RAR, or 7Z archive.
Game Emu Player has the following features:
- Adjust the bass, treble, and echo depth.
- Can mute any channels.
- Remove surround effect for SPC files through various interpolation styles.
- Select from common sampling rates or a custom rate.
- Supports timing data for most formats.
- You can set a default song length for songs without timing information.
- Optional indefinite playback.
- Can set a playback loop count in VGM format.
- Supports NEZ Plug style M3U playlists for some formats, but not all.
- Can prefer Japanese tags for VGM files.
- Can ignore NSFE playlists.
Although Game Emu Player is certainly the most comprehensive video game music player for foobar2000, it has some issues prevent it from being the only 8 and 16-bit player you'll need.
- Some chips are not properly emulated.
- YM2608 - Support is still lacking.
- Support for reading and writing meta data is lacking in some formats.
- SPC - You cannot alter the timing on ID666 tags.
- Timing support is still lacking for several formats.
|1.211||Download - (info)||foobar2000|
- foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_gep - Official.
- Foobar2000 Players
- AY Players
- GBS Players
- GYM Players
- HES Players
- KSS Players
- NSF Players
- NSFE Players
- RSN Players
- SAP Players
- SFM Players
- SGC Players
- SPC Players
- VGM Players
- VGM7Z Players
- VGZ Players
- Foobar2000 Converters
- AY Converters
- GBS Converters
- GYM Converters
- HES Converters
- KSS Converters
- NSF Converters
- NSFE Converters
- RSN Converters
- SAP Converters
- SFM Converters
- SGC Converters
- SPC Converters
- VGM Converters
- VGM7Z Converters
- VGZ Converters