Ultima is a series of RPG games created by Richard Garriott and developed by Origin Systems. The series was a pioneer of the RPG genre. There are nine games in the main series each released on numerous platforms, and a wide host of spinoffs like Ultima Underworld, Ultima Online, Worlds of Ultima, and Runes of Virtue. There are also a huge amount of fan-made remakes.
- 1 Games
- 1.1 Akalabeth: World of Doom
- 1.2 Ultima: The First Age of Darkness
- 1.3 Ultima II: The Revenge of the Enchantress
- 1.4 Ultima III: Exodus
- 1.5 Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
- 1.6 Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny
- 1.7 Ultima VI: The False Prophet
- 1.8 Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss
- 1.9 Ultima: Runes of Virtue
- 1.10 Ultima VII: The Black Gate
- 1.11 Ultima: Runes of Virtue II
- 1.12 Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds
- 1.13 Ultima VII, Part Two: Serpent Isle
- 1.14 Ultima VIII: Pagan
- 1.15 Ultima IX: Ascension
- 1.16 Fan Games
- 2 Notable Songs
- 3 Notable Audio Personnel
- 4 Notable Companies
- 5 Links
Akalabeth: World of Doom
Note: while this game does not technically belong to Ultima series and features different lore (hence the whole Ultima series is set to start from 1981 and not 1979), it is very often viewed as such due to lots of same gameplay decisions and even Lord British character reused since Ultima 1. There is also uncertainty whether the game saw the alleged limited Apple II release in 1979, but existing copies say 1980.
Ultima: The First Age of Darkness
Ultima II: The Revenge of the Enchantress
Ultima III: Exodus
Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny
Ultima VI: The False Prophet
Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss
Ultima: Runes of Virtue
Ultima VII: The Black Gate
Ultima: Runes of Virtue II
Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds
Ultima VII, Part Two: Serpent Isle
Ultima VIII: Pagan
Ultima IX: Ascension
- Rule, Britannia! - Used in most games as the theme for Lord British's castle.
- Stones - Used is numerous games.
- Ultima Theme - Title theme for Ultima V and VI.