|Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, CA|
Strategic Simulations, Inc. (SSI), as their namesake suggests, focused mostly on strategy games, producing around 300 titles for various platforms. They were best known for their Dungeons and Dragons publications and their war simulators.
In 1994, SSI was acquired by Mindscape. Mindscape was sold to The Learning Company in 1998, which was acquired by Mattel in 1999. Mattel sold the rights to Gores Technology Group, which sold publishing rights of SSI to Ubisoft in 2001. Ubisoft has since discontinued the brand.
- Category: Games Developed By Strategic Simulations.
- Category: Games Published By Strategic Simulations.
The developers SSI contracted out used various audio systems. However, SSI's internal development team mainly used the famous Midpak sound engine. Ralph Thomas was credited as a sound programmer in many of these games.
- David Govett - Composer.
- David Warhol - Composer.
- John Halbleib - Composer.
- Jon Medek - Composer.
- Mason Fisher - Composer for Eye of the Beholder III: Assaunt on Myth Drannor (DOS).
- Ralph Thomas - Sound programmer.
- Tom Wahl - Composer and art director.