Zoop is a puzzle game by Hookstone Productions and Viacom. You control a triangle in the center of a large grid board. Red, blue, green, and purple pieces will approach from the top, left, right, and bottom from the screen, and you must prevent them from reaching the center where your triangle's playfield is. If they reach it, then it's game over. To prevent this, you must hit the pieces with your arrow, but you can only clear pieces off the board if your triangle is the same color as the piece you hit. You can change its color by hitting the pieces on the board, and you will change into the color of the piece you hit.
Though the game sold well, it was also another failed attempt to match the success of Tetris.
The game mostly consists of jazzy tunes, but there are a few other styles such as Latin, funk, and rock tracks.
The listing of the songs are based on the order in which they appear in-game, and are named after their XMI files. The last 4 songs appear to go unused.
The following outputs:
1 - Roland MT-32
2 - Gravis UltraSound
3 - General MIDI
4 - AdLib/SoundBlaster
5 - Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum
6 - ESS Technology ES688 FM Audio
7 - Tandy 3 Voice
8 - PC Speaker
|401||Zoop Jazz||Bobby Scumaci||Bobby Scumaci||2:46||Download|
|402||Jazz 2||Mark Davis||Mark Davis||2:04||Download|
|403||Shake||Mark Davis||Mark Davis||3:30||Download|
|404||Tune 1||Mark Davis||Mark Davis||2:54||Download|
|405||Tune 3||Mark Davis||Mark Davis||2:20||Download|
|406||Tune 2||Mark Davis||Mark Davis||2:55||Download|
|407||Tune 4||Mark Davis||Mark Davis||2:06||Download|
|408||Bonus||Mark Davis||Mark Davis||1:44||Download|
|409||Bonus 2||Mark Davis||Mark Davis||3:46||Download|
|410||Latman||Mark Davis||Mark Davis||2:09||Download|
|411||Zoop Fink||Mark Davis||Mark Davis||2:51||Download|
- Ripper: Doommaster1994 (VGZ)
- Recorder: Doommaster1994
- Game Credits:
- Senior Sound Producer: Steve Boyer
- Sound Coordinator: Clifford Falls credited as Cliff Falls
- Title Music Composition: Bobby Scumaci
- Additional Music Composition: Mark Davis
- PC Audio System: John Miles credited as Miles Design
- General MIDI timbres for Yamaha OPL-2 and OPL-3 based sound cards were produced by The Fat Man™ and developed by: Kevin Phelan credited as K. Weston Phelan
- General MIDI timbres for Yamaha OPL-2 and OPL-3 based sound cards were produced by The Fat Man™ and developed by: George Sanger credited as George Alistair Sanger
There are no in-game credits, but they can be found in the manual. Bobby Scumaci is only credited for title screen music, so it is assumed Mark Davis composed the rest of the music. Also, to further back this up, the other ports of Zoop that have the same music but don't use Zoop Jazz as the title screen music credit Bobby for just Music Composition in the manuals. Specifically, this goes for the Genesis and SNES versions.