|Ultra 64 Sound Format|
Ultra 64 Sound Format (USF) is an audio file format created by Adam Gashlin. It is based off of PSF and named after the Nintendo 64's codename: Ultra 64. A Nintendo 64 soundtrack stored in USF will have two file types. USFMINI are the individual song files which contain the instructions for playing each song. There is also a single USFLIB file which contains the instrument data and program information for replay. These files must all be in the same folder.
All Nintendo 64 games can have their music ripped to USF.
How to Obtain
Ripping USF files is complicated, but luckily, most Nintendo 64 games already have their sound ripped to USF format and can be downloaded from the following sites:
- usf.joshw.info - Josh W (individually 7Z archived).
- zophar.net/music/usf.html - Zophar's USF archive (individually 7Z archived).
The following games do not yet have their soundtracks ripped to USF or have incomplete rips:
- usf.hcs64.com - Large collection of USF files.
- usf.joshw.info - JoshW's USF Archive.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Ultra_64_Sound_Format#USF - Wikipedia.