|Founded||April 16, 1971|
|Other Names||Sun Corporation, サン電子 (Sun Denshi)|
Sunsoft (サンソフト Sansofuto) is a division of Sun Corporation. The company was founded in 1971, though they didn't enter the video game market until 1978. In addition to developing or producing hundreds of video games, they also developed hardware for the gaming industry, including the 5B audio chip.
The sound driver was first created by Akito Takeuchi (A.T) and later by Naohisa Morota. The music was written in assembly.
- Akito Takeuchi - Sound programmer for Sunsoft's FDS/NES sound driver.
- Atsushi Takada - Composer.
- David Whittaker - Composer for Revenge of the Joker (SNES) and other Sunsoft-published titles.
- Hirokatsu Fujii - Sound effects designer for Nazoler Land Dai 2 Gou (FDS).
- Hiroshi Tsukamoto - Composer.
- Hodaka Ohmori - Credited for "Sound Program / SE" with Naohisa on Freedom Force (NES).
- Kazuo Nii - Composer, sound designer, sound programmer.
- Mabochan - Composer for Journey to Silius (NES).
- Manami Matsumae - Composer.
- Masashi Kageyama - Composer.
- Naohisa Morota - Composer.
- Naomasa Nakata - Sound designer, sound programmer.
- Naoki Kodaka - Primary composer.
- Nobuyuki Hara - Secondary composer.
- Ryu - Composer for Ripple Island (FC).
- Satoshi Asano - Composer, sound designer.
- Shinichi Seya - Secondary composer.
- Yoshiki Yamasaki - Sound effects designer for Nazoler Land Soukangou (FDS).