|Raw OPL Capture|
|Developer:||Sami Tammilehto, Roman Dolejší|
|First Game:||StarPort BBS Intro (DOS)|
- This is the article about OPL format. For the PCM format, see RAW.
The Raw OPL Capture format first appeared in the StarPort BBS Intro, developed by Sami Tammilehto (also known as Psi from Future Crew). Later the format was updated by Roman Dolejší (Rdos of Dimension) to support OPL3 data specification, which was released along with the first DOS AdLib music recording program Rdos AdLib Catcher and RdosPlay player.
Once emulators became more powerful, use of the RAW format declined and it has now been superseded by DRO.
- AdPlug - DOS, foobar2000, UNIX, Winamp, XMMS
- Audio Overload - Linux, Macintosh, Windows
- Camoto - Linux, Windows
- RdosPlay - DOS
RAW to ?
- Audio Overload - Linux, Macintosh, Windows - WAV
- Camoto - Linux, Windows - CMF, CDFM, DRO, GOT, IMF, MID, RAW (Rdos), S3M, TBSA
- DRO to MIDI - Linux, Windows - MIDI
- OPL to WAV - Windows - WAV
? to RAW
- Camoto - Linux, Windows - CMF, CDFM, DRO, DSM, GOT, IMF, KLM, MID, MUS, MUS (AdLib), RAW (Rdos), S3M, TBSA
|1992-09-??||StarPort BBS Intro (DOS)|
How to Obtain
A few games store their OPL2 and OPL3 music in a raw format, but the bulk of RAW files are made by logging the data being sent to the chips using the Rdos AdLib Catcher or similar programs.
- All RAW (Rdos) files begin with "RAWADATA", which obviously stands for "Raw AdLib Data".