Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (NES)
|Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!|
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (later renamed simply Punch-Out!!) is one of the most exciting boxing games for the NES. While the game has little to do with the actual sport, it does feature boxing gloves, rounds, and a bell (how could you get more authentic than that?). The game relies on learning the fighting-styles of the opposing boxers, and figuring out ways to exploit them. Each boxer has a colorful personality and witty retorts like "Would you like some punch to drink? Ha, ha, ha!" Very witty. After you make your way through several fighters you fight a title bout where you can gain a new belt. Then you train for the next match; and by train, I mean wear a pink jogging suit and prance around New York. After you beat the Minor, Major, and World champions you'll get a shot at the undefeated (at the time) Mike Tyson! Or, if you're playing the later released version, you have to beat Mr. Dream, an Aryan Mike Tyson.
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! was also released on the PlayChoice-10 and some changes in the music do exist.
There aren't any amazing tracks to the game, but some of the music is interesting. The fighters have introduction music that fits their ethnicity which is a nice touch, but most of the tracks are short fanfares. There are several versions of this game including Mike Tyson's Punch-Out for (NTSC and PAL versions), Punch-Out for the USA and Japan, and the Mike Tyson's Punch-Out PC10 edition. However, the music is identical through each incarnation except in the Japanese Punch-Out where the title bout music is unique. This has yet to be ripped, but when it is, it will be recorded as well.
Several public domain tunes were used through out the game including, the "Look Sharp/Be Sharp March", "La Marseillaise", "Ride of the Valkyries", "Sakura Sakura", "Toréador Song", and "The Song of the Volga Boatmen".
- Ripper: myu2203
- Recorder: TheAlmightyGuru
- Game Credits:
- Music Composer: Kenji Yamamoto credited as K. Yamamoto
- Music Composer: Akito Nakatsuka credited as A. Nakatuka
- Music Composer: Yukio Kaneoka credited as Y. Kaneoka
- Not Credited Composer: Traditional
- Not Credited Composer: Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle
- Not Credited Composer: Georges Bizet
- Not Credited Composer: Mahlon Merrick
- Not Credited Composer: Richard Wagner
Ripping NES music is a very arduous process that is beyond the scope of this site.
- mobygames.com/game/nes/mike-tysons-punch-out - Moby Games.
- gamefaqs.com/nes/525246-mike-tysons-punch-out - GameFAQs.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Tyson%27s_Punch-Out%21%21 - Wikipedia.