Impulse Tracker (IT) is the native format used by Impulse Tracker, written entirely in x86 assembly by Jeffrey Lim. The format is similar to MOD with a few technical improvements and influenced by Scream Tracker 3. Like MOD, IT uses digital samples which are arranged to make music. Impulse Tracker files have an *.it extension, but if the file is compressed, it will have the extension *.itz.
- DUMB Module Decoder - foobar2000
- ModPlug Player - Windows
- ModPlug Tracker - Windows
- Winamp - Android, Macintosh, Windows
- XMMS - Linux
- XMPlay - Windows
IT to ?
- DUMB Module Decoder - foobar2000 - WAV
- JAM For Windows - Windows 32 - WAV
- ModPlug Player - Windows 32 - WAV
- ModPlug Tracker - Windows 32 - MIDI, MOD, MP3, S3M, WAV, XM
? to IT
|2001-10-26||Pocket Tanks (W32)|
|2002-05-09||Soldat (W32)|| |
|2004-02-29||Machines of Destruction (W32)|| |
|2004-04-02||4Four (W32)|| |
|2006-03-09||GridWars 2 (W32)|
How to Obtain
IT files usually have to be extracted from a game's resource files, although they're sometimes left as is.