|Hudson Soft Co., Ltd|
|Headquarters||Midtown Tower, Tokyo, Japan|
Hudson Soft Co., Ltd was a Japanese game developer. They initially started in 1973 making software for personal computers, but branched into video game design early on. They had several successful franchises including Adventure Island, Bomberman, Bonk, Lode Runner, and Mario Party.
During its life, the company had several branches. Hudson Soft Co., Ltd was its primary Japanese branch and developer of all its games, but there were several publishing divisions as well. The most successful was Hudson Soft USA, Inc., their American publishing arm which exists from 1988 to 1995. Their European ventures weren't quite as successful with Hudson Soft Ltd lasting only from 1983 to 1984, and a second attempt with Hudson Soft Europe Limited publishing only a single game in 1995.
When it came to music, Hudson usually hired professional musicians for better quality music.
These composers worked at Hudson Soft:
- Aya Tanaka
- Chieko Ohkubo
- Fumihiko Itagaki
- Hiroyo Murabayashi
- Ichiro Shimakura
- Isamu Hirano
- Jun Chikuma
- Katsunori Takahashi
- Kazunari Takemoto
- Kazuyuki Sekiguchi
- Keita Hoshi
- Kohei Tanaka
- Makiko Tanifuji
- Miyoshi Okuyama
- Osamu Narita
- Takeaki Kunimoto
- Tomotsune Maeno
- Toshiaki Takimoto
- Uhei Inoh
- mobygames.com/company/hudson-soft-company-ltd - MobyGames (Japan).
- mobygames.com/company/hudson-soft-usa-inc - MobyGames (USA).
- mobygames.com/company/hudson-soft-ltd - MobyGames (Europe 1).
- mobygames.com/company/hudson-soft-europe-limited - MobyGames (Europe 2).
- gamefaqs.com/features/company/74385.html - GameFAQs (Hudson Soft).
- gamefaqs.com/features/company/10642.html - GameFAQs (Hudson).
- gamefaqs.com/features/company/76067.html - GameFAQs (Hudson Entertainment).
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Soft - Wikipedia.
- hudson.co.jp/index.html - Goodbye Message.