FLAC - Recording Guide
This guide will show you how to covert FLAC music into the VGMPF standard format OGG so you can upload it. Generally, video game soundtracks are not stored in FLAC, however, it is common practice among VGMPF editors to record their music into FLAC format first before then converting it into OGG format in order to have a lossless original to work with.
- Download and install the latest version of foobar2000, if you haven't already.
- Follow the one-time Foobar2000 Conversion Setup guide to prepare the VGMPF conversion process.
- Drag-and-drop the music files from your FLAC soundtrack into the foobar2000 playlist or open them in the file menu.
- Highlight your entire soundtrack with the mouse, or press ctrl+A on the keyboard.
- Right-click on your soundtrack to open the context menu.
- Click on Convert.
- In the sub-menu, click on VGMPF. If you don't see VGMPF, follow the Foobar2000 Conversion Setup guide.
- The conversion process will begin.
- When it finishes, open a file explorer and navigate to your output folder. If you followed the above guide, they will be located at C:\VGMPF.
- That's it! You may now upload the music to the VGMPF Wiki.