Difference between revisions of "Editing Rules"
|Line 55:||Line 55:|
Revision as of 15:57, 20 March 2015
- See Editing Rules: Rips.
VGMPF Album Art
- Format icons must use the existing template (the dog-eared sheet with a graphic and extension letters at the bottom).
- Icons must be in PNG format with a transparent background.
- The font used is Verdana, 12pt, bold.
- The extension text must be 3 pixels from the bottom and centered horizontally.
- The icon graphic should be related the format in some way:
- If the format was used by a particular company, use their logo, like Origin's M format.
- If the format is used to store a console's audio format, use a console-related graphic, like the NSF format for Nintendo games and the USF format for Nintendo 64 games.
- If the format was only used in a single game, use a graphic from the game, like God of Thunder's GOT format.
- For generic formats, just try to use a graphic that is fitting to the format, like the HMI format or the RAW format.
- You can download icon templates for Adobe Photoshop (PSD), GIMP (XCF), Corel Photo-Paint (CDR), and standard PNG.
Each format should have a Games section to list which games utilize the format and give samples of how the format sounds. The list should be sorted by release date to showcase the changing quality of the format. For formats with high numbers of games like MIDI, list no more than 20 games. To decide which games should be included in the list, take into account these points:
- The first game to use the format should always be included.
- So should the last game (for obsolete formats).
- Games that were particularly influential (with high ratings on MobyGames).
- Those with particularly impressive soundtracks (this is subjective, so make sure the community agrees).
- The game description should be brief detailing the style of game play and the plot.
- The music descriptions should detail the genres covered, the software/hardware used to make the music, game-specific composer information, and any special information about the music itself. Detailed information should be put into the individual song pages.
- The rip description should include the method used for extracting the music from the game's data files and the player used to record the soundtrack.
- The first screenshot should always be the title screen.
- Remaining screenshots should cover different sections of early game play including menus, dialog, action, etc. Try to avoid spoilers and limit yourself to 6 screenshots on the game page. Additional screenshots can be used on the individual song pages when they get made.
- Audio credits should be listed as they appear in the game, where applicable. Real names should be added when an alias is used by a composer.
- Release information should display the full publication name found at mobygames.com (e.g., Nintendo should be listed as "Nintendo, Co., Ltd." or "Nintendo of America, Inc.", not just "Nintendo")
- Accurate release dates can be obtained from gamefaqs.com