Ben Daglish is one of the best known composers in the computer game music scene. He was born on July 31, 1966. When he was a baby, his parents moved to Sheffield in the UK. He got into video games when his school friend Antony Crowther asked him to help on some of the game he was writing. Some of his known works include Deflektor, The Last Ninja, Pac-Mania, and Trap. Later, Ben and Antony Crowther formed We M.U.S.I.C. (We Make Use of Sound In Computers) so they could get paid for the music they composed for computer games. Mainly, Ben worked for Gremlin Graphics, Core Design, Teque Software, and Vortex Software.
There is a debate whether Daglish composed Cybernoid for the NES. Ben says it was not him, but the programmer of the game, Chris Harvey swears by it that Ben did in fact work on the music and sound.
Unfortunately on October 1, 2018, Ben Daglish lost his battle with lung cancer and passed away. His music will always be remembered by fans and the video game music community.
- ben-daglish.net - Official.
- facebook.com/ben.daglish - Facebook.
- mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,10382/ - MobyGames.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Daglish - Wikipedia.
- youtube.com/watch?v=ZCrFh4C6FM8 - Video Interview.
- www.zzap64.co.uk/cgi-bin/displaypage.pl?issue=016&page=040&magazine=zzap - Interview with Rob Hubbard, Daglish, Crowther and David Whittaker at the same time from August 1986.
- zakalwe.fi/~shd/texts/imr/c164benn.htm - Interview from October 19, 1996.
- heechee.net/c64/ninja/crew.php - Interview from August 10, 1998.
- karsmakers.nl/metal-e-zine/benn.htm - Interview from September 1998.
- remix64.com/interviews/interview-ben-daglish.html - Interview from March 26, 2001.
- web.archive.org/web/20101228160110/http://www.c64.com/audio/Ben%20Daglish%20and%20Antony%20Crowther%20%5BBack%20in%20Time%20Live%202001%20interview.mp3 - Audio interview with Daglish and Crowther at the same time from 2001.
- lemon64.com/interviews/ben_daglish.php - Interview from February 6, 2004.
- blog.retrokompott.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/RETRO-COMPUTER-LEGENDS-003-DaglishLOW.mp3 - Audio interview from January 2016.