- Not to be confused with the Japanese developer Arc System Works.
Arc Developments was a British game developer founded by Chris Coupe, Byron Nilsson, Paul Walker, and Richard Underhill in 1988 after they had disbanded from Elite Systems. They are known for converting computer games to home consoles. The company rarely put credits in their games, but it is unknown why. Arc Developments' most popular game was Johnny Bazookatone. The company closed its doors in 1998, just 10 years after its opening.
Mark Cooksey used his own custom format except for the game Forgotten Worlds, which uses its own sound engine. Martin Walker also used his own sound engine. Andi McGinty used ProTracker. It is unknown how Justin Scharvona made his music.
Andi McGinty was the only composer to make music for Arc Developments' MS-DOS games. According to Arc programmer Julian Scott, he programmed a sound driver in which Andi's MIDI files were converted to his sound engine.
Genesis / Mega Drive
Mark Cooksey programmed a sound driver and MIDI files were converted to his engine. The game Hurricanes (SMD) seems to use a different engine than Mark Cooksey's. It is believed either Derrick Owens, and/or Chris Coupe, with the possible assistance of Julian Scott, programmed its sound engine.
Game Gear/Sega Master System
- Allister Brimble (Composer for Liverpool: The Computer Game (AST))
- Andi McGinty (In-house composer; 1992-1998)
- Byron Nilsson (Programmer, credited for Additional Sounds in Bart vs. the Space Mutants (AMI) and Bart vs. the Space Mutants (DOS); 1991-1994)
- Chris Brighton (Composer; 1995-1996)
- Chris Coupe (Programmer, credited for Effects in Hurricanes (GG); 1992-1996)
- Derrick Owens (Programmer, credited for Additional Sounds in Bart vs. the Space Mutants (AMI) and Bart vs. the Space Mutants (DOS); 1991-1996)
- Julian Scott (Programmer, programmed Arc's DOS sound driver; 1991-1993)
- Justin Scharvona (Composer; 1991)
- Mark Cooksey (Freelance composer, sound programmer; 1992)
- Martin Walker (Composer)
- Sound Images (Composer for Predator 2 (DOS))