Alf the First Adventure (C64)
|Alf the First Adventure|
Alf's Melmacian friends have crashed on earth, and cats have hidden the spaceship parts. In 4 levels around Willie's garage, Alf must collect pizza to gain strength to catch 4 cats, then collect 2 parts, then the garage key, and put them one after another into the garage. When the dog catcher catches Alf, Willie bails him out. After 3 bails in one level, Willie puts Alf on a leash and the game ends. When Willie catches Alf, the level restarts from scratch; only the time is kept. After 24 hours, the game ends.
The level format is closest to the DOS version except for being shorter, so the C64 version may be based on that. The graphics have been slightly redesigned and a few passages moved, making particularly level 2 less tedious. The controls are as good as the Apple II version, even though the animation is very jumpy.
Like in every other known Alf game, no music from the shows is used. The C64 port features merely public domain songs (although Title is not yet recognized), mostly on one triangle wave. Perhaps for the better, since the developer did not even afford a musician to get most notes right.
All songs were recorded from VICE 3.2 with C64C (NTSC). A PAL version is not known.
|02||Get Ready||Tommy Walker||Unknown||0:01||Download|
|05||Game Over||Miklós Rózsa||Unknown||0:08||Download|
|06||High Scores||Edward Elgar||Unknown||0:51||Download|
- Ripper: N/A
- Recorder: Professor Chaos
- Game Credits:
- Not Credited Composer: Unknown
- Not Credited Composer: Tommy Walker
- Not Credited Composer: Scott Joplin
- Not Credited Composer: Traditional
- Not Credited Composer: Miklós Rózsa
- Not Credited Composer: Edward Elgar
- Not Credited Arranger: Unknown
- Not Credited Foley Artist: Unknown
- Not Credited Programmer: Unknown
(No source. Game lacks credits.)
This game uses the computer's built-in SID chip.
- mobygames.com/game/c64/alf-the-first-adventure - MobyGames.
- gamefaqs.gamespot.com/c64/199869-alf-the-first-adventure - GameFAQs.
|Alf the First Adventure||• •|