Ski or Die (DOS)
|Ski or Die|
Ski or Die is a winter-themed extreme sports game in which the player can compete 5 different mini games:
- Acro Aerials: Ski down a ramp and score points by performing acrobatic jumps.
- Downhill Blitz: Downhill skiing event in which the player can make large jumps over chasms and perform stunts in the moguls section.
- Snowboard Half-Pipe: Put on your snowboard and score as much points as possible in a limited amount of time by performing tricks inside a half-pipe.
- Snowball Blast: First person snowball fight. Score points by taking out little that attack your snow fortress.
- Inner-Tube Trash: Two players descend a mountain in innertubes. Score points by picking up items, perforating your opponents tire with a knife or fork and finishing first.
Practice a single event or try the tournament. The tournament mode has hot-seat multiplayer support.
The game soundtrack was written in the genre of rock. The Main Theme obviously rearranged from Snowboard Half-Pipe and Downhill Blitz tunes. The Inner-Tube Thrash tune is unique in that case.
Snowball Blast and Acro Aerials mini games doesn't have a music during play.
The soundtrack were recorded using emulated sound hardware in DOSBox SVN Daum during gameplay.
The Roland MT-32 recording starts with a 1, the AdLib recording starts with a 2, the Tandy recording starts with a 3, and the PC Speaker recording starts with a 4.
|101||Main Theme||Rob Hubbard||3:03||Download|
|102||Downhill Blitz||Rob Hubbard||3:05||Download|
|103||Snowboard Half-Pipe||Rob Hubbard||2:18||Download|
|104||Inner-Tube Thrash||Rob Hubbard||2:39||Download|
|201||Main Theme||Rob Hubbard||3:03||Download|
|202||Downhill Blitz||Rob Hubbard||3:05||Download|
|203||Snowboard Half-Pipe||Rob Hubbard||2:18||Download|
|204||Inner-Tube Thrash||Rob Hubbard||2:39||Download|
|301||Main Theme||Rob Hubbard||3:03||Download|
|302||Downhill Blitz||Rob Hubbard||3:05||Download|
|303||Snowboard Half-Pipe||Rob Hubbard||2:18||Download|
|304||Inner-Tube Thrash||Rob Hubbard||2:39||Download|
|401||Main Theme||Rob Hubbard||2:50||Download|
|402||Downhill Blitz||Rob Hubbard||3:05||Download|
|403||Snowboard Half-Pipe||Rob Hubbard||2:18||Download|
|404||Inner-Tube Thrash||Rob Hubbard||2:39||Download|
(Source) - track order
- Ripper: binarymaster (MUS, MIDI)
- Recorder: binarymaster
- Game Credits:
- Not Credited Composer: Rob Hubbard
(European Commodore box, game lacks audio credits)
The main theme music is contained in SKI2.BIN, the only one uncompressed file. Other music files are compressed with LZSS algorithm and can be decompressed using QuickBMS utility.
WinHex and DOSBox were used to get uncompressed music files directly from memory during actual gameplay.
Ski or Die uses command line arguments to configure the audio device.
To enable AdLib, execute:
To enable Roland MT-32, execute:
If no argument is specified, the program will use a Tandy 3 Voice if one is present, otherwise it will default to PC Speaker.