|Redbook CD Audio|
Red Book CD Audio (CD) is in raw pulse code modulation at a sampling rate of 44.1 KHz. The particular format is what standard audio CDs use. Many games from the 1990s play their digital audio directly from the game CD in order to free up the processor.
- Digital Sound System - DOS
- foobar2000 - Windows
- iTunes - Macintosh, Windows
- Winamp - Android, Macintosh, Windows
- Windows Media Player - Windows
- XMMS - Linux
How to Obtain
Games that use CD audio can have their soundtrack ripped using any software that can rip CD audio music, such as CDex. You can obtain pre-ripped music from:
- pc.joshw.info - Josh W (CD music ripped into MP3 format and is intermixed with many other native formats).
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc - Wikipedia.